View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 11:09 AM
sydneybean

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I have that machine too. Your plan will only work if you are SURE you want to be FMQing with your feed dogs down. I FMQ on my Juki with my feed dogs UP. I feel it works better. With the sideways positioning you plan to do, your feed dogs would be feeding your fabric sideways unless they were down.

You also wouldn't be able to do any walking foot quilting, which is what the machine does best (in my opinion!).

I would suggest you get the machine and not set it into the table until you quilt on it a little, and decide just exactly how you want to use it to quilt. FMQ with feed dogs always down: your plan will work. FMQ with feed dogs up, or walking foot quilting: your plan will not work.
I also have this machine. I fmq with my feed dogs up but I set my stitch length to "0" so the feed dogs don't feed at all. If she does that it shouldn't matter if the machine is sideways.
I also bought a quilting frame for this machine (don't have it set up as yet) so the machine would be used sideways with that