View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Gwenfifi

Hi, I have had this machine for 9 years, you will not be disappointed with it as its Janomes work horse machine. First of all take out all the tread and re thread, if no joy with that change the needle, this machine really likes its own needles I found that out the hard way. Also if you ever have trouble with the feed dogs not working, just use the handwheel turn it back and forth, it will start to work again. I put mine in for repair thinking it was damaged two years ago only to find the man said it was fin, that got me thinking it must of me, it also happen this week but new how to fix the problem. This is a good machine stick with it as there is a leaning curb with any manchine. Ps sorry to hear about your son, my thoughts are with you x
Gwen

if
Originally Posted by jessiesmom View Post
Does anyone own one. I am having an awful time with thread breaking. I started a baby blanket last year and then my son passed away in November. I had not been in the mood to sew and my husband bought me this machine.
I have a ton of thread from connecting thread and it worked fine on my other machine, but I am tryin to finish this quilt as the baby is now 5 months old, but my thread keeps breaking. I only have the border to quilt, and I am free motion meandering.

Any advice would be very appreciated, as to type of thread, weight and needle size that works well on this machine.
I did not have a problem straight stitching.

Thanks for any help.

Mary