View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:14 AM
marge954

There should be a new Rule 34 for the Internet -- If it exists, there's a claim it will kill you.

Well the deed is done. What agony! Too much web surfing and reading about latex, memory foam, springs and pillow tops. I finally bit the bullet and went with Plushbeds.com.

I decided on latex since:
They can last 20 plus years
The company will send you a new topper years down the road if you have "sinkage"
Less motion transfer (DH jerks, twists, and flops all night and has for all the years we've been together)
I was assured there would be no smell from the mattress
The company had different softness levels to choose from
No dust mites, bedbugs or mold
They offered a low profile foundation
Free sheets, pillow and mattress cover
I called and John answered every stupid question I had and took my order right then (with a very sexy soft British accent)
I can return it and get 100% of my money back
It wasn't the highest priced or the lowest priced

I decided that since I'd been sitting on latex living room furniture for 6o+ years, riding in cars with a latex dashboard, using latex dish washing gloves, sitting walking and laying on carpet with latex foam under it, using kitchen appliances, office equipment and video equipment with latex that I hadn't died or suffered any ill effects so I'd probably live a little while longer

Other factors that played into my decision:
Coil Spring mattresses are only good for 6-8 years and can grow mold inside the mattress due to your sweat. Also dust mites gross me out.
I've had a water bed mattress when I was a teenager and don't like them.
I tested my friend's Sleep Number and couldn't get comfortable.
Memory foam has to "off gas" for several days to a couple of days to weeks. I can't tolerant smells so this wouldn't work for me.
The glue used to adhere the layers of a memory foam mattress and used in spring mattresses has a very strong smell also which I noticed when we went to the mattress store to test mattresses.

The mattress will be delivered next week and I'll let you guys know after a week, a month and six months as to how well I like the mattress or if I had to return it and why.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-18-2017 at 03:45 AM. Reason: remove shoutiing