View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:44 AM
bkay

Default More modern treadles - 2 questions

I have a good friend who has her grandmother's Singer treadle. It's at her house in the country. I've wanted to see it, but the last time we were at the farm, the machine had a TV on top of it and we couldn't lift the TV. She said her grandmother bought it new it in the early 50's. She wanted a new machine, but had always sewed on a treadle and didn't want to change.

She wants me to help her bring the head up here to have it serviced. Yes, I know it probably just needs oiling, but having it serviced makes her happy and she has an adequate income to do whatever she wants. She asked me if I knew how to get it out of the cabinet. I said sure, I knew how and we could do it next time we went to the country.

I have never messed with a treadle. How do you get the belt off? Is there anything else that's different than any other machine?

She's advanced in age and and not well, so I'd like to do this in the very near future.

I'm thinking it's probably a 66, 15 or 201 given the time frame. Am I guessing correctly?

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 06-14-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: grammar