View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:35 AM
tropit

Default Storage and a Sloping Ceiling

My sewing workspace is up in a loft of our cabin. The loft space is hard working and also acts as an office and spare bedroom for guests...not to mention the abode for Mr. Bondo, the cat. Because of the wide dormer windows up there, the ceiling along the wall is sloped, so the storage space there goes from only 2.5 ft. high, to about 7 ft. high. I keep my quilting and craft supplies along this wall in stackable, plastic bins, which works fine, but I can't hide it in any way and frankly, I think that it looks ugly, IMHO. So, I've been pondering what to do about that.

My newest idea is to make "curtains" out of canvas, drop cloths that are 4 ft. X 12 ft. (Cheap! $8.00 each.) Because the ceiling is sloped, I can't really use curtain rods, so I'm opting for putting in 1" grommets along the top line of the curtains that will allow me to hook the fabric on the wall. When I need to get to something out of the space, all I have to do is unhook an upper corner and then hook it back when I'm done. I'm thinking of lining the drop cloths with some pretty quilting fabric. Wadda ya think? Do you have anything to add?

Thanks,
~ C