View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 06:54 PM
letawellman

Connie/RetiredTeacher, I LOVE your orphan blocks quilt!! How awesome is that!!

BelfryBat, that wasn't too hard of a fall off the wagon - after all, using 66 yards this year is quite an accomplishment!!

Sweetwaterquilter, jump right in!! Having this crowd to support you in NOT buying (mostly) and using up stash will be a big help. I have managed to only buy backing fabric (2 bolts) when a local wholesale company did their "open to the public" day. Other than that, no fabric purchases for me so far this year. And while I have not kept track of the yardage, I have made some inroads into using my stash.

RoseIrish48, you must be very organized to get that many quilts done each month!! I think my hubby would divorce me of that volume of fabric came into our house - even if it WAS donated!! I'm trying to use mine up, not add to it!

I received the teal/turquoise threads from YLI, and I finished my "practice piece" with those colors. But, since I left my cell phone-to-computer USB thingy at work, I'll have to wait until later to upload the pic with it nestled between the Lone Star arms. I did post it on Facebook, and my quilting friends there were all over it, loving the teal colors.

Rryder, I'm trying to decide if I like it this way or if I need to add the specialty threads. After I "nestled" it with the Lone Star, I'm thinking of adding some hot-fix crystals, probably at the points of the "crown" and in the center of the circles. Thing is, I've never done the hot-fix, so that will be something new to learn as well. And since this will be an actual bed-sized quilt (and not a wall-hanging), the long-term expectation would be for this to actually go on a bed. So that brings up another quandary - do I ACTUALLY want to do the crystals and/or specialty threads if this will ultimately be used? My original plan was to enter this into the 2018 MQX show, so it would need some kind of "bling" I think to make it with the competition that is usually there.

Decisions, decisions.