View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 06:42 AM
crashnquilt

I have the Panasonic 360 and LOVE IT! I do not use steam either. I love the two points when pressing seams. Don't know who thought of the design but it's GENIOUS. If anything happened to the one I have, I would absolutely buy another one. I do not use steam in my irons anymore. In my experience, at some point they all leak. Also the lime deposits on fabric. it is next to impossible to clean them and get all the gunk out of the steam holes. I was in the fabric industry for nearly 40 years. When fabric is steamed and ironed, the fabric should be left alone until 100% dry. When you steam and move the fabric before it is dry you risk stretching and distortion. If you use any type of wet spray in addition to steaming you cannot iron the piece totally dry. I have owned steam irons from low end cheapies to very high end cadillac models. I had 2 high end models that the tanks developed a leak INTO the iron and they caught fire! That is when a very wonderful person taught me the value of old time ironing, dry iron with reflective iron pad or cover.