View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 05:18 PM
NJ Quilter

Not one of the options you mentioned but we have Verizon - bundled phone; tv; internet. No premium channels but we do have what back in the day was referred to as 'expanded basic' - which gets us the basic network affiliates; some independents and a few other things. Our only other option is Comcast. I hate Comcast more than I hate Verizon. DH wants to jump between the 2 when the initial contract is up and the price goes up. I just can't make myself that crazy! We now have one (of 3) 'smart' TV's. If all of your sets are digital, you can get a digital antennae for local channels and then use the internet service to 'stream' other programming. Since we only have the one digital set, that is not really an option for us at this point.

I think regardless of the provider, they all radically increase their prices once the contract is up. If you are over 65 you can play the 'senior card' and that will usually get you a price break. A friend of mine does that with Comcast each rate increase and usually wins!

BTW - bro is in the Raleigh, NC area and I believe he has Cox (definitely not AT&T). He's no happier with their service than any of the rest of us with ours, sadly.