View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 02:09 PM
rryder

Those Star Wars quilts are very cool Dedmac and Sewbizgirl! Sewbiz- thanks for posting that tute, I'm going to take a look and see if I can get the hang of doing it your way. Both times I tried using the binding strips for QAYG the fronts looked okay, but the backs looked awful.

Kristakatz- I'm jealous that you can see your cutting table, I have two and neither is currently visible (well, bits and pieces of each can be glimpsed through the clutter, but you know what I mean). I like that quilt, nice modern feel with the gray background and those bright colored rectangles floating on it. the scrappy binding is a nice touch too.

Here's a glimpse of the art quilt that I've been working on today. The bottom fabric is one I dyed/stained with alcohol inks. It's been basted to a tear away stabilizer - hence the white basting stitches. The pieces that are tacked to it are batting that I painted with very thin acrylic paint. Right now they're just tacked with a little Elmer's school glue, they will be machine couched or hand stitched down to the fabric (depending on whether they fit under my couching foot)-- and maybe some more will be added. I'm hoping to get most of that done tomorrow morning so I can tear away the stabilizer. Then the whole piece will be sandwiched and quilted and possibly have some bling added to contrast with the dulled batting.

I'm also trying to get enough of my studio cleaned up to add the first 6 days of October to my temperature quilt. and I need to figure out which UFO I am going to finish this month.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_1507.jpg