View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 AM
SewingMunchkin

I really did love my kenmore, it served me well for a very long time. It was an utter pain to thread the bobbin but could handle multiple layers of fabric with no problem at all. I did attempt to get it repaired but the shops around me were not very knowledgeable about kenmore machines and my machine came back even slower then it went in so I retired her.

I am really looking for a machine under $800 and I am open to other suggestions. One of my biggest problems is finding a dealer in my area. The Pfaff machines were really drawing me in with their IDT option but the nearest dealer to me is an hour away so I have marked them off of my list. If I ever needed to get my machine repaired or if I drove all the way there and fell in love with a machine they didn't have in stock, I would have to drive an hour there and back every time I needed to visit the dealer.

There are a ton of husqavarna dealers inside of Joanns around me but since they are all inside of Joanns I am not sure that they will be open to negotiations on price/ extras?

There is a quilt shop semi close by that sells brother and babylock machines but I cannot find the prices for the babylock machines online to know if these would be in my price range.

There is also a Bernina dealer close by but again I cant find the prices for these machines to know if any of them would be in my price range.

I would prefer to buy new if possible just because I am terrified of buying used and having the machine break down on me.