Thread: Quilt Labels
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:26 AM
marietta

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I like the idea of labeling a quilt. I'm fairly new to quilting, so have only labeled one. I didn't gift it for several months, as I could not figure a way to label it that I was happy with. I finally bought some of those fabric sheets that you use in your printer. I liked the looks of it (it worked easily), but the the "fabric" was like starched canvas. It was very difficult to sew onto the quilt back. I could never have done it without a thimble and a couple of bad words. I'm not looking forward to labeling the next one.

I don't have an embroidery machine and I don't embroider. The pre-made labels don't give you space to write anything except who made the quilt and when. I don't care for the look of hand written ones, so I'm at a loss for what to try next.

bkay
bkay ~~ I'm like you , altho I do like the hand written ones. I don't label every quilt, just certain ones. I've started going to spoonflower and uploading pics of labels/graphics and editing with a text for the label. It prints on fabric swatch size 8x8 and costs $5. They turn out great. Last year I uploaded scanned hand written favorite recipes of my mothers ( she been gone 25 years) for dish towels for my daughters and siblings. They all loved them. If your wondering if the print lasts thru washing and drying...YES. Made a pillowcase for grandson with printed pics on swatches, of him and his poppy, from spoonflower and 6 years later, after many many washings...it is a bit faded...But still looks great.