View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Helen6869

Typed a really long comment and then told I wasn't authorized...huh? oh well. Just my thoughts. I hate cooking also. Never have been good at baking. With my IBS I have limited foods I can eat as in only carrots, green beans, rice, potatoes, and sometimes a little lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad. Fats give me a fit as does most fast foods. No chilis, soups, stews, etc. casseroles are out as no onions, garlic, few tomatoes, only in spaghetti. He hates eating out and will only do that when traveling or visiting family and he has to. I have learned to order a whopper with only mustard and pickles. Pretty good! Hubby has so many foods he won't eat, such as pasta, and lots of other things. He is pretty good to eat what I do cook without complaining. He won't go near a grocery store, well, the parking lot to wait for me occasionally. But he will go to Sam's and buy large quantities of what we do need such as mayo, salad drsg, cereal, bananas, chicken and hamburger meat. Just so limited in what I can prepare that it's no fun at all. But, we are blessed anyway! We have money to buy food, great home, and plenty for some luxuries!! I try not to complain. I would like to sell my stove and buy another sewing machine! As they say, "quilting keeps me sane!" In my case, it's the truth! Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this! Sorry, guess I'm venting! I too dream of living in a "home" where they prepare and serve me my food and clean up afterwards!!

Last edited by Helen6869; 12-17-2017 at 06:25 PM.