View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 09:29 PM
QuiltnLady1

I did burn out on cooking for a while because DH wanted these elaborate meals that I had cooked for many years, but I told him I was retiring from cooking. For a couple of years, we ate out several times a week but now DH is having mobility issues and I am making easier (for me) meals. Now I try to stretch every meal into several -- I make 2 kinds of chili, stew, and soups and freeze meals. I buy the Costco's chicken meat (their roasted chicken off the bone from the meat section) and freeze the meat in 1 cup quantities. I also buy the tortellini and ravioli, divide it into the amount we will eat in one meal and freeze it. I cook up 4 lbs of hamburger with a bit of seasoning and freeze that in 1 cup sizes. I buy a jar of spaghetti sauce and store it in small containers in the freezer since we can't finish a jar (yes, I do have an upright freezer). I don't do all this cooking at once, mind you, but I can make tacos, chicken quesadillas, and other meals in no time. We even have a PB&J night every few weeks.