Old 01-07-2018, 03:14 PM
leighway

About 10 years ago, at a quilt show I bought a Horn work table which is 36 in high and has a place for my machine and a manual lift. I love it because I can put the sides up or leave them down...when I'm standing and cutting for long periods, my back doesn't hurt. the chair which is drafting height was included...I think I paid around $1600 at the time and it was wonderful.
Then I got the big Bernina with the large harp and the old lift in the table really didn't work with this machine. Also, I was tired of scooting up on a drafting chair. So I looked around for a basic sewing table with an electric lift and I wanted another Horn.The one I settled on has an electric lift so I can position the machine perfectly and it's around 32 inches tall....now I have the best of all worlds with both pieces. I can sit low and piece or I can move the machine over to the old table and spread the quilt out to quilt it. I'm happy that I made the investment in myself. And all the rest of the furniture in my sewing room is Ikea. And while I love what they have to offer, I really like having my machine recessed and even with the table top.