Old 01-24-2018, 07:29 AM
tropit

Have you seen the SNL skit on Vitamix and nut butters yet? Too funny! You'll have to google it.

I don't have a lot of Vitamix recipes, sorry...but I have a story...

When my dau was 8 (she's 30 now) we were vendors at a trade show in LV. There was a couple across the aisle from us that had a Vitamix booth. They would put on elaborate demonstrations about all of the things that a Vitamix could do and a humungous crowd would gather around. My dau was already a huge foodie and she was absolutely entranced. She HAD to have a Vitamix! Apparently everybody else had to have one too. Those mixers flew out of that booth at $900 a pop! They sold out the first day and had to send back to headquarters for more. They are really great machines. Even Jack La Lane endorsed them back in his day.

After many, many gentle reminders and Christmas "hints" by my dau, I finally splurged and bought her one this last Christmas. (I also told her not to bother looking under the tree next Christmas because this thing was way beyond my normal holiday budget.) She was so surprised! We laughed about that couple in LV. I've hardly heard from her since the holidays. She must be busy mixing up a storm with that thing. She'll be over tomorrow for lunch and I'll try to get some good recipes from her for you.

~ C