Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: VitaMix recipes needed that are not smoothies

mac

VitaMix recipes needed that are not smoothies

Does anyone have any good recipes made in the VitaMix that are not smoothies? I looked on Pinterest and there were a few, but I would rather hear from Board Members for some tried and true recipes.

One of the more unusual recipes that I make in the Vmix is lemon curd. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Have you seen the SNL skit on Vitamix and nut butters yet? Too funny! You'll have to google it.

I don't have a lot of Vitamix recipes, sorry...but I have a story...

When my dau was 8 (she's 30 now) we were vendors at a trade show in LV. There was a couple across the aisle from us that had a Vitamix booth. They would put on elaborate demonstrations about all of the things that a Vitamix could do and a humungous crowd would gather around. My dau was already a huge foodie and she was absolutely entranced. She HAD to have a Vitamix! Apparently everybody else had to have one too. Those mixers flew out of that booth at $900 a pop! They sold out the first day and had to send back to headquarters for more. They are really great machines. Even Jack La Lane endorsed them back in his day.

After many, many gentle reminders and Christmas "hints" by my dau, I finally splurged and bought her one this last Christmas. (I also told her not to bother looking under the tree next Christmas because this thing was way beyond my normal holiday budget.) She was so surprised! We laughed about that couple in LV. I've hardly heard from her since the holidays. She must be busy mixing up a storm with that thing. She'll be over tomorrow for lunch and I'll try to get some good recipes from her for you.

~ C

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Does anyone have any good recipes made in the VitaMix that are not smoothies? I looked on Pinterest and there were a few, but I would rather hear from Board Members for some tried and true recipes.

One of the more unusual recipes that I make in the Vmix is lemon curd. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.
    Recipe please.

Check out: https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/Find-Recipes for many good recipes. We love hummus, soups and Whole wheat zucchini pancakes. We use our alot!

Blog Entries
    Apparantly the square edges (instead of the round edges of a blender) make the food "crash" instead of spin . so you have to rethink uses for it. The most unusual things it did for us is churn real butter (yes we had a milk cow) in just 4 or 5 pulses. Magic! It also exploded wheat berries and made whole wheat flour as good as our wheat grinder. Ours lasted over 30 years, then we gave it to our daughter and SIL who just HAD to have it!

Blog Entries
    I made butter in mine. Marcia

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post

OMG, I had homemade lemon curd once and it was sooooooooo wonderful! I don't have a Vmix but I've sure looked at them.

Oh JaneQuilter, I don't have a milk cow or a Vmix do you think a Ninja would churn butter??? What ingredients do I need, I know, duhhhh.
    Last edited by Tiggersmom; 01-25-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Yes -lemon curd!! My recipe is for 2 cups and I have about half eaten before it cools.
    Tomato soup from chicken broth, diced tomatoes (fresh or canned) and light colored beans (black beans taste fine in this soup, just creates a darker color). Optional, carrot, fresh basil)

Blog Entries
    I miss my vita mix!! I made soups, ice cream, never made butter though! Lots of baby food. Unfortunately a rescue dog chewed the cord and I never could afford to buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
    I miss my vita mix!! I made soups, ice cream, never made butter though! Lots of baby food. Unfortunately a rescue dog chewed the cord and I never could afford to buy another one.
    I hear ya...my rescue dogs have chewed up every wool blanket we own, all of our shoes, eyeglasses, remote controls, electrical cords, you name it. Nothing is safe! They're cute though. Try looking online about how to repair it. there's a few really good sites out there that show you how to repair small appliances.

~ C

Quote Originally Posted by greencat View Post
    Yes -lemon curd!! My recipe is for 2 cups and I have about half eaten before it cools.
    Tomato soup from chicken broth, diced tomatoes (fresh or canned) and light colored beans (black beans taste fine in this soup, just creates a darker color). Optional, carrot, fresh basil)
    Love this recipe...gonna try it. Thanks!

~ C