Old 02-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Caitken

I had to sell my Gammill last year (after four years with it)
due to a move we made to a home without a studio. After a lot of internet searching I finally got the chance to try the HQ Simply Sixteen. After twenty minutes I was convinced. I’ve had it for a little over a month and love it!! The machine and frame are solid, no wobbles etc. The support from their site via YouTube makes setting it up and learning the ‘how to’s’ a breeze. I have been able to use stitches I never could really master before (think classic feathers) because of the smoothness and nice weight of the machine. I absolutely love this machine. It’s not a beginner machine, it’s a machine for smaller spaces. Advancing the quilt with the clamps isn’t hard and I’m currently working on a 75” by 80” quilt with no problems. You can even set up the quilt with just spray adhesive and then baste on the frame. Plus, there are several sizes of frames. I took the 5’ due to my space but they have a 10’ one as well. I think there is one more size. I have no affiliation to Handi Quilter so this is my unbiased opinion.