View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:52 PM
ladyinpurple135

I came up from my home in NC to York, Pa (visiting family, too - I’m originally a born Yorkie) - Lancaster is right over the river - but I still haven’t been here yet. Darn big snow!!!! The show has always been wonderful and all the suggestions are super. Rolly type bags are definitely,not allowed -thank heavens - as I’ve been run over by them many times in the past. I tried the backpack thing for a few years - always got in the way, especially when I started making purchases!! So I use a small cross body purse and just put in the essentials - money, credit/debut cards, drivers license so I can be identified when my purchases overwhelm my body �� a pen, small notepad and of course, the most important - my phone. Haven’t used a camera in years - makes life so easy and it also contains my ever-growing list of items I’m interested in buying at this show and others, Remember to bring a few empty totes and your bag starts to get too heavy, just use the sack sitters -best deal since sliced bread. A ciuoke dollars and yiu can shop some more, take back your full tote and start filling up,another. Just don’t loose your ticket or forget to claim your bags!!! And one big thing. I tried to prepare some friends when AQS came to Charlotte a few years ago - after the show I asked them about it - many were disappointed as “the Quilts were not even in my ability to make”. Of course not - this is a bigggg show with bigggg $$$ and many Quilts are made just to try to win bigggg prizes. It’s nit your local guild or church show so dint attend and get disappointed. Every year I always here ladies say “I never could do that” - appreciate all the work that goes into them, plus the time, etc. - take lots of pictures for inspiration and have a good time. Sorry for my rambling -

Sandy in Mooresville, NC - but actually in York, PA waiting to get to the show,tomorrow (Friday). See you there. Old Country Store in Intercourse is having a sale,in Batiks - $5.98 yard. Everyone is having sales!!!!!