View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 06:51 PM
madamekelly

I am disabled and living on a very tight fixed income. I spent twelve years acquiring fabrics from LQS, garage sales, better quality fabric from Walmart, second hand stores, rummage sales and even some from Craigslist and Freecycle. I buy most of my pattern books online second hand (Even well known Authors and teachers) I buy supplies when ever I find a low cost deal. Once or twice a year I can splurge on a new tool to replace the basic things I have, or once in a while I get to have it gifted.
Fair warning, a lot of “gifted fabric” is not even worth making dog beds from, but they do work for deer fencing around your garden to keep pests away, especially if you end up with any that have been stored incorrectly way too long {think mildew or moth balls, I have ended up with both}) animals do not like the smell of either one, so they stay away.

I “thought” “building a stash” was important, now I am about to damage a large quantity of fabric for a fundraiser for a dog rescue. No more purchases until what I have now is used, except consumables of course (blades, thread, trims, etc.).

Last edited by madamekelly; 03-29-2018 at 06:54 PM.