View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 AM
Quilter 53

I made this quilt many years ago, at a relative's request, before I could hardly spell quilt. I didn't know enough about the entire process to be intimidated. My local quilt shop got me the BOM patterns and the fabric yardage and I went from there. It took me over a year during which we ate all our meals at the breakfast bar because my quilt was spread all over the dining room table! I learned A Lot! My points didn't match, it's not square, I learned new techniques and the seam ripper and I became constant companions. But the aunt it was gifted to has had it on her bed every since, she has shown it to all of her friends, and still comments on how great it is. When I visit her now with my more experienced view I can see all of the mistakes I made and wish I could redo it and give her a "better" quilt, but the only way she will part with it now is when the undertaker wheels her out. Perfect isn't always better.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-17-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps