Old 04-26-2018, 05:21 PM
givio

I'm wishy/washy about the points. Some days I think, "quicker to make them all the blocks with the same fabric," and other days I think, "it will be cute with different colors and fabrics in each block." I suppose when I lay the 9Ps out on my bed, then I'll decide. I imagined the block before I saw the BH pattern.

When someone mentioned BH had a pattern, I went and looked at it. I thought her strip method for piecing looked interesting, so I tried it. She sewed only 2 strips together, made 4 twosies units, sewing 3 of those together, then sewed the extra 2 1/2" piece to a twosie, then the unit of 6 to the unit of 3. I didn't like that construction method at all!!! I used it with some strips that had directional prints-- and, using it, I realized that there isn't a way to place all the fabric prints the same direction. Secondly, I didn't like the way the seams ended up and down oddly on the back, and thirdly, ironing was a chore, trying to pay attention which way pieces were laying to nest up for the next seam to be sewn. I was happy to go back to sewing 3 strips together, and sewing units of 3s in 3 rows!