Thread: Downgrading -
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 04:43 PM
quiltingcandy

When I was getting ready to retire I bought the Janome MC6600 P - it has a lot of wonderful stitches and I have tried out a lot of them. I grew up using a basic Singer - and I have the machine and love it - but I wanted one that could do more. And it is wonderful. But I saw the Viking/Husqvarna Designer Topez 20 sewing and embroidery machine - my dealer made me such a deal I couldn't resist and I an so glad I bought it. I don't know why anyone would say the embroidery is boring - I love finding designs, using them in pillow cases, dish towels, hand towels, beach towels and quilts. And all the wonderful colors of thread! I have done some T-shirts and some sweat shirts - but not as a rule. I also use mine to make book marks for my daughter's students and also little egg holder at Easter for them. It's been 5 years now and I am still having fun. I let me friends come over and use it too.

When I bought my Janome I wanted a quality machine and some extras that I never had before, I didn't look into anything more because I couldn't see myself growing - after all my days sewing clothes were over. But I love to make quilts and pillow cases. I didn't want to trade in my Janome when I got my Designer - I wanted both. Guess I could have bought a stand alone embroidery machine like my friend did - but I like that the Designer can fill in if the Janome needs to go to the "Sewing Machine Doctor."