View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Macybaby

my first quilt was a sampler king size, and I drew up the different blocks. I quilted it all by hand too. That was way back, the winter I lived with my parents while my husband was in Basic Training, and our son was an infant. 1982-1983

I eventually replaced it, and at the time I didn't think it was anything special, though as of today, it's the only one I've done that was hand quilted. Have not looked through old photos to see if I have a picture, but don't think so. That was way before digital photography. I made 2-3 more in the earlier years, and did basic quilting by machine. I never really considered them "real" quilts. then did not do any for many, many years.

One neat note, after my Mom passed in 2014, my sibs found an old candy box with my name on it, and inside were all the templates I made for that first quilt.

Once I started quilting seriously, this was the first one I did. It was a mystery, and a good way to get started. My first experience with rotary cutting. This was made in 2013.