Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM
OurWorkbench

If it is the same manual (28 pages) that I have the oiling instructions are on page 18. You will probably need to zoom in and still will need to (I hesitate to say "guess") as it is hard to see where the arrows are. as WIChix said "Anywhere two plain metal joints, hinges, or rollers move or spin is a safe bet." You might want to turn knobs and the hand crank to notice some of them.

Originally Posted by Gypc84 View Post
Thank You, I will go over it with oil as well. I am working on oiling up the gears, the tension knob doesnt appear to move anything inside the machine. When I turn the knob nothing happens.
The tension knob has a spring inside of the assembly that tightens two discs also on the inside of the assembly. In order to see if the tension knob is working thread the machine from the spool to at least the thread take-up lever. Lower the presser foot and pull on the thread. There should be some tension on the thread. If the knob is on zero it should pull freely. If the knob is on 9 you may not be able to tug any thread through.

When I try to turn the knob for the stitch it doesn't turn, unless I manually move something up top but then it won't stay there it always goes back to 0.
The knob that returns to 0 is the zigzag width. The knob that is on the right of that one is the one that tightens the zigzag width to sew that width continually. I think you removed the zigzag width knob iin the picture.

. I see there are two holes in the knob for the tenion:

One has a screw in it the other does not, am I possibly missing a screw
The picture is of the knob for the stitch length and you push the center portion in to get the machine to sew in reverse. You may be missing the screw, but maybe the hole is for the set screw for the reverse knob and it may not be visible until you loosen the outside knob set screw and rotate it.

In the manual you will have a diagram and list of the name of the parts on page 3 of the pdf (it looks like that page is page 1 of the actual manual).

Bit by Bit.... Good luck.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.