Old 07-06-2018, 09:30 AM
linda8450

I went 3 years ago with a friend that lives near Eugene OR (I am in AL) on a bus full of ladies. We had an awesome time. Some traffic but not terrible. Bus stopped about 1/2 way and we got snacks there (advise eat when you can) and there were lots of burned acres from recent fires. The bus dropped us off very close in to town, picked us up about 2pm for the trip back. It was all I could do (heat, tired, too much walking in short time) to get back to the bus! I wished we had driven so we could have taken our time and not been rushed, but truthfully I was beat! I was happy to not have to drive home and also glad they made me leave, i would have passed out if I stayed longer. I was very impressed with the show, loved the displays and the quilts were awesome. Been to many "local" shows, OR, FL, GA, CA and AL, and it sure topped them all. It is during row by row time frame, and I was able to get into the quilt shop and get the pattern and license plate, but it was crowded. My advise, again, eat where you get the chance. We met up with some friends from CA and waited over an hour to get into a restaurant, then took over an hour to get served and eat. Time wasted as far as being out of commission to walk and see the quilts (loved seeing the friends tho) so I would have packed a sack lunch. I think vendor trucks would be an awesome idea, don't know it they are allowed, but I would think that would be a great business opportunity! It was fun and I would go again. If I didn't take a bus, I would try to go the day before and walk the town and shops, then stay the night and see the show. Several friends have done that and they loved it.