View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

[QUOTE=SewingSew;8092846]
Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post

Patrice, My first marriage was like a really, really bad date that dragged on way too long. I look back on that decision and wonder what I could have been thinking! My only explanation is that I was just a kid with a lot to learn.
Youth can't always explain the marriage mistakes. I was 38 when my late husband talked me into getting married. That was something I was never going to do, I still don't know how he talked me into it. Dumbest thing I ever did, and I left him 2 years later. The smartest thing I ever did was refuse to give him a divorce. When he died 6 years later my youngest and I got a few years of his disability benefits as survivors, and later when I became disabled I not only get my own disability benefits I receive a portion of his again. So while I'm not exactly living the good life I'm not in the poor house either.

To get back to the topic, while I've had a few close calls with the sewing machine needle and rotary cutter getting a fingernail, the only things that have actually drawn blood are poking myself with pins, stepping on a pin or needle on the floor and snipping a finger with sharp scissors.

Cari