View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:09 AM
JudyG

Default My New Design Wall

Hubby and I just finished my new design wall. This is what I have wanted for several years and we just now got it done. When we moved into this house five years ago, we removed the doors off the closet in my sewing room so I had access to the bins of fabric I had in there. The closet runs across the entire width of my room, but has a pillar in the center so there were two sets of sliding doors, which made it inconvenient to pull out the bins that were in the center of each side of the closet. I had a portable design wall which I was always having to slide behind the door to my room and put behind my ironing table so it would not fall over. Anyway, we put up a barn door rail system, with a 66 x 84 sheet of plywood covered in batting on it. I can move it all the way to either side and have access the other side of the closet or keep it centered (which is where I have it whenever I'm using it). It slides so nice and easy. I absolutely love it. Not sure why we waited so long to get it done! Please ignore my finger at the bottom of the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599307[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1607.jpg   img_1603.jpg   design-wall2.jpg   design-wall2.jpg