Old 02-18-2010, 04:44 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

my kids have been out of the house for quite some time; when we bought this house (it is 3 bedroom, there are just dh & i) we set up one room as a sewing room/office, the middle room we set up with 2 twin beds and a dresser for the granddaughter's when they come to visit...that was the first year (well, maybe 6 months) then i decided i really wanted to set up my long-arm again (it had been staying with a friend), so i justified this in my head...the girls only come to visit once a year, do i really need to maintain a room for them???, so the beds went to the garage, the dresser became storage for quilting supplies and the machine went in...about 2 weeks later...surprise visit...the girls stood in the doorway of the room with their mouths hanging open...then the oldest (she was 11 at the time)said...
"hey cool, we can build a fort and sleep under the machine table...ok, grandma?"
so, out came the old play/camp blankets, the girls had a blast 'building' their fort under the table, we blew up air mattresses, and it was all ok. :)