View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 AM
thismomquilts

I, too, began sewing on our dining room table. Moved to our bedroom for (very short)while, then back to the dining room. We completed our family room a couple of years ago and I thought it'd be great if I 'took over' the living room. DH didn't think so. I moved upstairs to our fifth, unused bedroom. I HATE it up there - it's small and lonely. So, I moved just the sewing machine downstairs in the living room, but that now means the ironing board is up in the living room (all the time) and my cutting mat, etc. is in the dining room (I do put it away when not in use). My immediate need stuff is stored in one drawer of the dining room buffet. However, DH is still not happy about my sewing machine being in the living room so I'm in the process of moving my (oh so huge) stash into our storage area (about 3' x 20') and just taking my machine and stuff back upstairs - he'll just never see me this way :) I will sew there during the day and hand sew downstairs with him in the evening, in the family room. Our never used living room will be dusted once a week and call out to me to come back, but... :)