View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:04 AM
Judith1005

Donna Pea, I love your idea of moving the blocks around and making just a couple of more to finish it off. I have never made this quilt so, I didn't even think of doing that. It's a great idea. And, you know what will work best for you on your bed.

I just sent a quilt off to the quilter that I made a lot larger then I normally would, owing to the fact that the whole quilt was 1/2 square triangles. This is a test. The first 2 times I sent her quilts to quilt for me, they were also totally bias edge blocks. I had a lot of shrinkage. (They fit the guest bed better then my Queen bed. No great loss.) So, this time, I made it quite a bit bigger then normal and will test out how it comes back when it's quilted.

I finished my Patriotic Quilt and have the backing ready to go to the quilter. Now to catch up on a few things that I have pushed to the side. I saved all year to have 8 quilts quilted this year. I have the money for one last one and that is it, My Seeing Stars Quilt. Now to start on saving for 8 more quilts for next year. I'm trying to finish off those UFO's. I hope I don't have more big UFO's then that. I plan on quilting all the small ones myself. (Baby and Toppers and Lap size.) Anything else, and I really like to just get them LA'md if possible. I am not a good quilter.