Old 09-30-2018, 01:57 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I started quilting when I retired back in 2004. I didn't ever have any intention of doing it, but did watch Alex Anderson every morning before work. I never even told anyone I did that. When I retired, one of my sons said "now that you are retired you can make me a quilt". What??? I said, I don't quilt. And he said, now that you are retired you can learn. I have always sewed and did have (and still do) have the sewing machine I bought for myself in 1964. I really didn't give it another thought til a few weeks later I opened the local paper and saw "beginning quilting class". I took it as a sign! Went to the class and made some good friends and the rest is history. Now I quilt for my own pleasure. I have no deadlines, do what I like, and have given a few away. They will all get donated when I pass. I am not a big producer. I am liking FMQ lately so piecing is a means to get to that part. Not that I am an expert, but, I really like it. Quilting satisfies something in me, so I'll keep doing it til it doesn't.