View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 01:47 PM
love to sew

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Last winter I decided I would challenge nyself to try to find One thing every day that could be either sold, donated, recycled or thrown away. That was after doing a major purge of weaving yarns and crafting materials that had sat unused for many years. I still have too much stuff, but have found that my daily purge challenge seems to be doing a good job of helping me get rid of excess in an unstressful way. Plus, since I have to look for something to get rid of everyday, I think twice about bringing anything new into my space.

Rob
What a great idea, find one thing every day to purge. I need to do this. I haven't bought fabric in at least a year or 6 months, because I receive others scraps as they know that I make lots of scrappy quilts for charity. I go thru the bags and discard the really unusable but sometimes I keep too much and lately I'm not attending the usual places that save the scraps because it also takes so much time sorting etc. A lot of what I do get goes into dog beds so then I spend more time making the dog beds then I would like. I am trying to get better at getting rid of stuff and saying no thank you to the scrap bags offered.