View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 01:25 PM
DawnFurlong

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I have been doing FMQ about 16 years. I love doing it and the looks of it. I should be much better at it than I am But so what? As long as I am doing it it is okay. I do find it relaxing. I FMQ on a 9" throat machine. I just finished an almost queen size quilt, turned out pretty good. I do straight line quilting once in a while.

Different quilting for different people.
Same here! Though, as for so many years I only did 2 or 3 quilts (at most) in a year, that doesn't equate to much practice. I have to say that it is only very recently that I have begun to feel I really have control over my FMQing (I'm talking simple meandering - though I have occasionally ventured out with curly q's and a type of flower). And, I find myself enjoying it more (before I think I felt intimidated and let that cause me stress). This time I found the rhythm relaxing.

In fact, I now want to spend time branching out and practicing something different on sample sandwiches. And - I would like to learn how to straight line quilt. Have no idea how I would be at that, but finding that I like the effects of straight line quilting mixed with some FMQing.