Thread: Spray Basting
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 05:43 AM
WMUTeach

I have been using a product from JoAnn's for at least 7 or 8 years. I get it with my 40% or 50% coupon. At my store it is not in the quilting area but back in the notions area but it is clearly marked for quilting. There is a similar product for crafting, so be sure you pick up the one with the sewing machine on the label. It doesn't have any odor, so there is no reason to open up windows. It does not gum up the needle unless I use too much and I have spray basted quilts and let them site for several months and they were still ready for the machine. I can get three large throws from a can and perhaps a baby quilt because I have learned that I don't need as much as I first thought I would. I found that spray basting with care, smoothing out all wrinkles, and layering carefully does take time, no more than pinning, but the pay off is I do not have to stop and start to remove pins. Oh, and it washes with simple soap and water.

DeltaMS, try several types of spray over time and find the one that works for you. I found mind and it is obvious that others on the board have found theirs. This is a modern tool that really works.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 11-17-2018 at 05:46 AM.