Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Schill93

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
I like Quilter's Showcase for backing. I even used it as a feature fabric in a wallhanging at Christmas. I feel it has a better 'hand' than most of the Keepsake line. JoAnn's certainly fills a niche. If you know your fabrics, you can find
'good stuff' there.
That has been my experience with it in terms of the feel of it. Not all, but some of it is very soft and pleasing. More so than the lower tier Keepsake. I certainly recognize the difference in the $9.99 Keepsake (before fake discount) compared with the cheaper Keepsake.

It just seems logical to me that the fabric costing more should be a better quality than the cheaper Quilter's Showcase, but I can't help but wonder sometimes. I don't know if they come from different mills or not, but I kind of assume they do.

I posed the question the way I did, only because I am aware of how strongly some people feel about the subject and only purchase name brand fabrics, and I wanted to hear from the people who have tried a cheaper brand like Quilter's Showcase, and what their experience was. To me, if I like the fabric print and feel, and it holds up, well I think that's a win.