View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 09:25 AM
cmw0829

I purchased a used Handiquilter and then three years later bought an Innova with Lightening Stitch - just because I'd always wanted Innova and had the financial opportunity to do it. I decided that I would someday want an Innova by trying all the machines at a show and talking with the reps from Innova - not dealers but the guys that owned the company.

It sounds like a decent price since it has Pantovision, an over $2000 upgrade. But check out the tablet that comes with it. They are now using Microsoft Surface tablets because there were performance problems with the old tablets that they used. They also used to allow owners to buy only the software and that created issues because some owners were buying underpowered tablets. I don't think they allow software only purchases anymore.

The dealer network is expanding but then again, quality of dealers varies. The one I purchased from was subpar and now I live where there is no dealer. But the customer support from the company is exceptional and the machine can be maintained and serviced by the owner, if you're not afraid to try it.

As others say, go to a show and try them all out. Different machines feel differently to you. Everybody will - for the most part - defend their choice of brand. You need to find what works for you. Machine Quilting Expo is in Manchester NH in early April. Good luck.