Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 PM
JustAbitCrazy

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
I would go to ebay and type in your models to see what they are selling for
When you look for those sales on ebay, you want to see what machines actually sold for, not what the owners expected to get for them and listed them for. To do that, instead of putting the name of the machine into the search bar, in small print to the right of the search bar, you'll see "advanced search'. Click on that instead, and a page will come up with a search bar at the top for you to enter the item. Below that on the page there are all kinds of options to limit your search, and the one you want to click is called "completed sales", or "completed listings", something like that. (I haven't been on ebay in awhile, I forget exactly what it is called.) On that page you can restrict your search to sellers who live within a certain number of miles from your location, you can restrict the search to items only sold as a Buy It Now item, all kinds of choices for you to tailor your search so your list that comes up isn't polluted with tons of listings that are not pertinent to what you need to see. You still need to read the original listings, though, because you want to see sale prices of items most closely like yours in terms of condition, age, accessories included, etc. Sometimes when you read the original ads you find out an item that initially looks exactly like what you have turns out to be much more or much less valuable than yours.