Old 04-17-2019, 04:33 AM
AnInspiredMess

Everyone on this thread, thank you so much for your encouragement and understanding. I also cannot stand to see a piece of history just thrown away - I love these old machines. Even if it was beyond saving, I would keep her. And, when I looked up the serial number it said "82", but as I looked further at Singer 82's, there is no way this could be that machine. I'm grateful for your feedback on model number. If the mice hadn't shredded the manual, I would know for sure. (sigh). I will follow all videos and threads to restore this. I honestly feel like restoring these machines is good for the soul and mind. I feel truly blessed to have found this board - like minded folks that care about preserving our history. Some people think I'm crazy. I feel this same way about quilts! I have 40+ that will never find their use as a lawn drop cloth, kennel padding, etc. I love each of them - rips and all. Thank you for not thinking I'm crazy, like some folks do. We all have our missions in life - sewing machines and quilts are my rehab mission.