View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 06:44 AM
1Nanoo

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I do believe that one "should" meet the suggestions of/on the batting for minimum spacing of the quilting.

I saw some donation quilts that were well designed, nicely pieced - but tied at about 18 inch intervals (each way). That is a bit "too minimalist" for my taste.

I currently do not have the skill set for the intricate quilting some can do - which I truly admire - nor am I motivated enough to either learn how to or acquire a long arm.

So - there may be just a touch of "sour apples" in my comment -

I do admit to feeling a bit self-defensive with my "plainer jane" quilting - but as long as a quilt gets finished and is usable - I consider it "a good thing" .
Bearisgray, I have followed your comments for several years. I, like you, think the amount of quilting depends on the preferences and ability of the quiltmaker. That being said, while I greatly admire the quilts by HCarpinni, I know that I do not possess that innate ability to design and execute such artistic quilting, and I am not motivated to spend a lot of time and still not be successful. I think all of us need to focus on what we reasonably can do and enjoy. My quilting is my "me" time. If I choose to give or donate a quilt, I hope the recipient enjoys it, but I am not the Picasso of quilting, nor do I need or have to be. I am just me.