Old 06-05-2019, 08:05 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Rob, I would sure like to see photos of your prize-winning quilts, and I did search some trying to find them, but I had no luck in that regard. My heartiest Congratulations on winning all those wonderful ribbons. I do think that you should retain the ribbons. The buyers, depending upon the expense factor amount to buy this quilt may very well wish to have some sort of documentation. I have a suggestion for something that may make them happy. Take or have taken some very good quality photos of the quilt, attaching the photos to something like a heavy parchment paper being cardstock. Several years ago, before I was forced to retire for medical reasons, Florida legislature promulgated a format which might serve as a "certification" of things like your quilt, I can get you the format if you like, It would be signed by a notary public of the state in which the quilt was created. This certification is particularly useful for an item such as a quilt, where there is no government office involved who could certify the photos as winning all these ribbons. Then, the certification with the photos of the ribbon could be placed in a very nice picture frame at a relatively small cost, and would still give the buyers comfort knowing they have verified proof. A way to obtain a certified document without having to go through some governmental agency or clerk. Let me know if you would like the form!