View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
nellebelles

I have fibromyalgia and lupus too. For me, it feels like a big truck ran over me, backed up and ran over me again... :cry: Oh yeah, I was severely injured in a head-on collision 10 years ago too. I had lupus before the accident, and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. I take prescription pain meds, and was taking ibuprofen until recently. My lupus may be attacking my kidneys now (bp is way high, edema in my legs, up to my knees, etc.) so I had to knock off the non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. I was put on prednisone AGAIN just a week ago, and it hasn't helped much yet. The cold weather bothers me something awful, and for that matter, any weather change bothers me too. I am on disability and always will be, so I am fortunate to be able to just take it easy and take care of myself. DH also has fibromyalgia, and was diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia in October. His fibromyalgia affects him pretty much like mine affects me. We both suffer from indescribable fatigue as well. We cope, and we take care of each other.
Misery loves company, huh?