View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 04:21 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by Libits View Post
How do you avoid the stretching? I’m working with blocks of rainbow colors so using a colored thread—even a neutral color—would really disturb the colors of the blocks.
I'm really a novice quilter, so this might not be applicable to your problem. I tried to use the Coats Transparent thread to zig-zag around a Dresden plate block and did not like the result. It stretched and mangled the block. So, I removed it and went another route.

Later on, I bought Gutermann Invisible for quilting a multicolored I spy quilt with a walking foot on my domestic machine. I matched the bobbin thread (just regular thread) to the backing and used the Gutermann in the top thread. It worked perfectly. I would do it again.

bkay

edit: The Gutermann has a little texture to it and the Coats is very slick, which may account for the difference in handling. Neither spool has any kind of weight or measurement on it regarding it's thickness, but the Coats feels smaller, but it could be the texture component that makes it feel that way.

Last edited by bkay; 07-08-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: added thought