Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 AM
PB from MN

I have All-Clad which is a stainless steel clad over aluminum. I also have cast iron. The aluminum gives you heat retention and the stainless steel is non-reactive to ingredients. Some brands to consider: All-Clad, Heritage Steel and Vollrath (food service brand and they also have home cookware).

Watch for sales, especially as the holidays start to come up and sign up for coupons at Macy's, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. Sets of cookware are not always the best deal if you are not going to use everything. This is one of those buying decisions to go for quality, even if it is a piece at a time, as they will stand the test of time. I cook all of the time and the All-Clad I have is well over 15 years old and the cast iron pans are vintage.

One of the most used pans I have is a cassoulet, that I use all of the time for stove-top and oven. https://www.macys.com/shop/product/a...ulet?ID=571000

When I needed to buy a new range, I bought a Induction range and the majority of the cookware I owned was already compatible.