View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Lisanne

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Thank you so much for these tips ! Big thanks for the anti-malware program link . It's running now and finding stuff that my McAfee didn't ! I'lllet you know how it turns out . Hugs :thumbup: Annie
I am so glad the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware helped you so much. Run it every so often to get rid of the new stuff that puts itself on your computer. I believe the free version will only scan and remove. I think you have to pay to get it to block the stuff from getting in in the first place.

I don't have their paid version. Someone recommended Ad Muncher to me, and I use that instead. Not sure which is better, though Ad Muncher seems to only be for the adware, not the spyware. So you'd think the Anti-Malware would be better, but Ad Muncher seems more popular, not sure why unless it's the cute cow that sits at the bottom of your screen and munches whenever it's blocking an ad. You can get a free trial here: http://www.admuncher.com/download.shtml

I'm not recommending it, though I love Ad Muncher. I'm just putting the info out there.

Some of the things others on this thread have recommended may be worth trying. I'm wary of automated registry cleaners, because one wrong move with the registry can leave a computer unusable. But that's just me. I'm not saying the products are bad or not to try them.