Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Tish05

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Wow, everyone has great projects going. Tish05, love your quilt but I have a thing for Asian prints, especially if they feature geisha. I too am working on a Asian panel quilt and have almost completed the ditching. That part will definitely be done tomorrow and then the real fun starts.
Thank you Feline fanatic! My mom bought this fabric 4 years ago with a fussy cut quilt in mind. I hadn't started my quilting journey then since it's grown on me since she has lived with us over the 4 years. Then when it came to it, she decided she didn't have the vision to actually make the quilt, so we planned it out together and I've done the sewing and quilting. I showed her the pictures of your Peony quilt - so unbelievably beautiful. I could only dream of acquiring some of your skills - not just the actual FMQ, but the ideas of what to quilt! I find that part really difficult. I find I can't imagine something that isn't already there (if that makes any sense). Looking forward to seeing what you're doing with the panel quilt. I also have an Asian panel I haven't done anything with...