View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 03:22 PM
Iceblossom

For my first project I've decided to go ahead and use the glitter, foil, gold, and silver embellishments -- basically if it isn't plain it's going in. I even have a name for the project, usually I have pretty basic names like "purple quilt" or "9-patch". This one I'm going to call "Scrap Metal"! I'm big on planing, but I'm going ahead with this and see what I have so far. Not quite sure what the final block size will be even, still have to make one to find out! Not sure either if I have enough prepared. I'm just using the blocks that were given to me and some I had in my own 6.5" square stack. So the triangles are cut and matched into pairs and are waiting next to the sewing machine for my attention. Have plenty more fabric if I need it...

I was inspired by the 2nd quilt in this thread:
my quilting this summer
Thanks Mim!

Today I went to a quilt shop and in the window was a similar project done with just 4 fabrics, they twisted the blocks so they met as squares on either side of the lattice if that description makes sense. It was nice, didn't see a name for the project but they had a "5 yard quilt" sign on it.

I'm thinking in my case since the way I am constructing the blocks the edges will be on the bias that I will frame each block with a narrow frame instead of lattice sashing. I'm thinking half the blocks will be black and the other half will be various shades of grey I have in my stash and they will be in diagonal color rows, every other row black.