View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Cheshirepat

Default I'm stumped. What would *you* do?

So, a bit ago (like a year, but this is my typical 'storage/ferment' new fabric habit!) I picked up a panel and some coordinates in this pattern by Maywood Studio called Halloweenie -
https://d1nvdmt0osh3cv.cloudfront.ne.../MAS8636-Z.jpg

So, I thought it would be fun to fit them into the center of some different 'star' block patterns like the Ohio and Missouri, and make a 'simple table runner'. I get the quilting rulers out to see how large a center it's going to be, and *it's not a square*. Like, there's a good 1/4 to 3/8" difference in one direction of the little panels than the other, making them actually more of a rectangle than square. I mean, I could cut _all_ the borders off, but then, what fun is the little panel? I seem to lose all luck when I buy cute novelty panels with squares in them. The total size of each square (before the tan fabric in between them) depending on the side - 6 3/4" -7".

Am I being thick-headed and stubborn and not seeing an obvious solution? Do I give up on the star pattern? Do I just cut it square and cut off some of one side of the panel? That idea kind of gets me in the OCD, lol.

For this weekend I gave up and put binding on another UFO. I'd love any/all of your suggestions!