View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 03:20 AM
KwiltyKahy

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Cool idea and a very interesting thread. Personally I would like to be composted, but as this is unlikely and most probably illegal...the next best thing is donate my body to medical science. If my husband outlives me, he is just as likely to waste buckets of money and trash the environment with a "traditional" burial, complete with all the stonework etc. We have discussed this topic...but he just can't get his head around my idea.
I have this discussion with my children periodically ( I don't want them to forget). If you want to send flowers, do it now so I can enjoy them. I have just recently thought about donating my body to the medical school. I have seen some major restrictions to the state of the body before they will accept it. May have to do some more research about that. I have always maintained that you don't need the body to have a funeral or memorial service. Composting sounds like a great idea. Second best is a thing called bio urn that allows you to use the ashes to support plant growth.
When my husband died we requested no flowers and asked that people use that money to donate to the library, their church, the boy scouts. . . People listened and we got a very nice letter from the local library about the donation. Wish I had thought about a quilt especially for the occasion.

Last edited by KwiltyKahy; 11-07-2019 at 03:26 AM.