View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 12:24 PM
KalamaQuilts

Originally Posted by mhinds1259 View Post
Hello! I am a newbie to this group.

Does anyone have a similar table that they use for cutting? I am curious if it would be stable enough. Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.
mine is very similar, purchased from JoAnns at least 25-30 years ago. The only minus is if you are pressing down cutting long cuts on the very corners you do have some give. If it is small cuts you are making no problem.
The pluses: the z-shaped footprint gives you some additional storage space. I have 2 small stacked cabinets on the back side, and my trash can and scrap bucket are tucked in near the center on the front left. On the front right I have a footstool to rest either foot on which takes a lot of stress off my back when doing long term standing.

I don't know the brands you show, but I'm 100% happy with my own similar cutting table.
I will say, which goes against the flow here, is the giant cutting mats I found to be a waste of money. A 36" one is plenty big for everything I've ever cut, and gives me slide around room so I'm not cutting in the same spot all the time. I like using all the extra space on the cutting table for stacking fabric ready to be cut, or stacking already cut fabric. I've never needed the whole table as a cutting surface.

welcome to the board, I hope you will come often and post often as well. Conversation is the lifeblood of a forum.