Old 12-13-2019, 05:28 AM
farmquilter

Personally, I'm not a fan of group projects though. I have so many ideas on my own bucket list that I'm glad that all of us have our own projects at our weekly group. I want to do my own thing. And, yes, we are still learning from the others' projects. On occasion we see what another is working on and decide to make that one, too, but it's a choice, not a planned project. Round Robins don't take into account that "too many cooks spoil the broth". Your 1/4" seam and mine may not be the same. Now what do I do with this if the person ahead of me has left a problem? Do I take out her work and risk offending her or do I simply move on and make the best of things--and how?
Your personal comment is why I decided to not be in a quilt group, after 29 years of attending a number of groups.
I removed borders on my round robin wall hanging and am so very happy with what remains and is on display every Christmas.

I have no input on what and how to go about doing a group project because I just do what I want, when I want.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-13-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: fix quote formatting